A little introduction...

Our little family resides in Austin, Texas... I know that makes us weird right. Well quirky is what I'm always going for. Hays & Hers is just an update on our life or life as we know it. Welcome to Casey & Callie's blog page!

9.19.2010

Halloween Costume Ideas...

My main idea for Halloween this year is to be a Roller Derby girl. Any better ideas- hook me up!
Pluses (+): *I get to wear Roller Skates
                  *I could put funky colors in my hair
                  *I could actually tell my school kids what
                  I dressed up like when they ask and not
                  get fired
                  *It would be unique (I think)
                  *I would be fierce but still girly
                  *Fake Blood and bruises would be
                  appropriate
                  *I could find my costume at a thrift store

Minuses (-): *I would be wearing Roller Skates,
                    potential embarrassing moments
                    for sure
                    *It would work better if I could get
                    others to dress up with me
                    *I have NO idea where we are going
                    or what we are doing for Halloween...
                    *Drinking plus skating... the potential
                    for embarrassing moments is rising as
                    I think about it
                    *I might get real bruises

Anyways... this is my idea, what do you think?
And if you haven't seen actress Ellen Page's Whip it, it's based on Shauna Cross novel and I think Drew Barrymore directed or produced or something, watch it. I really liked it; it's a cute funky movie! It is actually based here in Austin, and a fake town called Bodeen, TX. I looked up the schedule today and wouldn't you know it, the last "Bout" of the season was last night at the Convention center.
Pics:
imgres.jpgwhip-it-movie-3.jpgwhipitellenpage.jpgwhip+it.jpg


Other Roller Derby Girl Looks: 








HH.jpg strawberry.jpg trickpony.jpg

shelleycaltonfeature5.jpglucyback2.jpg chains1.jpg TruckStop_01.jpg

Also, I need to come up with a Roller derby team name: 
I must belong to a team
Then I need a name, help, ideas???

Team Names: Probably will have a lot to do with my Thrift store adventures and what I come up with
Derby Name: 
C. N. Stars
Callie Chaos
Callilicious
Purple Haze
Cal Ripskin
Calamity Pain
Haywire

hmmm... 

2 comments: