A little introduction...

Our little family resides in Austin, Texas... I know that makes us weird right. Well quirky is what I'm always going for. Hays & Hers is just an update on our life or life as we know it. Welcome to Casey & Callie's blog page!

9.13.2010

Labor Day Road Trip...

This Labor Day we road-tripped to Alpine where we had big adventures...

There's nothing quite like hittin' the road. Casey and I are ROAD WARRIORS. Our Roadtrip adventures include playing 20 questions, reading Twilight aloud, counting roadkill, and singin' to old time country. The thing about Willie is he doesn't quite sing on beat, and even 3 CDs of strait Willie over 8 hours is not a pleasant experience. I banned this after the 1st road trip, so now we mix it up! And turns out... over the years we have been quite mixed up.

Strange interpretations of 90's country songs: Casey believed "Strait Tequila Night" was "Strange Tequila Night" or in Garth's "Friends in Low Places," Casey thought it to say "I'm not big on soft embraces"- actual words, "I'm not big on social graces." Also, he definitely thought the song "Sharp dressed man" was "Shot glass Man." My only major song mixup was thinking back in the day that "Shameless" was sayin' "I'm Shavin'."

Small towns are also one of my favorite parts of cruisin'. ESPECIALLY on holidays! Can you believe all of the festivities! Don't drink don't drive, do the watermelon crawl!




Oh the sights we saw! Mountains and puppies! (A.G. and Marsha have 8 Heeler puppies. 3 Blue & 5 Red.) I sure miss little Peanut. I wanted to take her home. 


But all good Roadtrips must come to an end... and man were we pooped! 

!

No comments:

Post a Comment